Lyra’s new bed is completely finished now. You can see the original bed post here.
My first instinct was to go with white bedding, because of all that color on the bed itself, but I talked myself out of that pretty quickly. I doubt white bedding with a toddler would end well.
I managed to make this bedding set (fitted sheet, comforter, two pillows, two sham pillowcases) for $15, using a couple of tutorials from Prudent Baby and some store bought bedding supplies. I put together a little how-to, click the link below (or read on) to see it! 🙂
Continue reading The Patchwork Toddler Bed and the $15 Bedding Set
I made a toddler bed!! \o/
I did this all by myself! heh 😀
This heavy, sturdy (I’ve laid on it!) toddler daybed started as a little pile of lumber, and some fabric and batting. I used plans from http://ana-white.com.
You may recognize the patchwork fabric from this dress. I had just enough to upholster the bed. Although I didn’t really keep track, I don’t think I spent more than $40 on this project. Even if I would have needed to purchase the fabric, it probably wouldn’t have gone over $50.
When I get some coordinating bedding worked up I’ll post a photo or two of the really finished version. I may also tighten up some of the upholstery on that front board, now that I see it in the photos it is bugging me. Update: Finished! See the new post here.
Overall, I’m so happy with how this turned out! The plans were perfect, and now I’m even more excited about the other pieces I want to build. THANK YOU ANA!! 😀
I needed more storage for my crafty stuff. Really, really bad. So I renovated an old armoire.
It was sitting in our garage when we moved in. I knew right away that it had potential, but I wasn’t sure what I wanted to use it for.
Continue reading Craft Armoire